Saturday, March 17, 2012

VIE Shamrock Collection

St. Patrick's Day is everyone's favorite excuse to wear green, drink green beer, and eat corned beef and cabbage! But I prefer to keep the green subtle and this year, I'm making fruit-loop rainbows with marshmallow clouds and tissue paper shamrock sun catchers with my kids!!!


Anyway, on to more exciting things... I purchased Virus Insanity Eyeshadow's Shamrock Collection and I got it just in time for St. Patrick's Day! They're all duochromes, which means there's multiple colors in the same shadow, depending how the light hits it. So pretty and fun! 


As always, my package came safe and sound within the time frame listed on the VIE page. It's always in a cute fun package, all the sifters are sealed, a business card (so I can share the love with my friends!!!) and all shipped in a padded envelope. <3 


So, enough rambling - here's some pictures!



Pinch Me, Ireland, St. Patrick, Four Leaf Clover

Top half is on VIE's Crazy Primer, bottom half on bare skin

Left side over Crazy Primer, right side on bare skin


It's nearly impossible to capture the shifts of duochrome colors in a photograph.... so I didn't try very hard =/ sorry! However, this is how the Virus Insanity Eyeshadow's page describes these colors:
Pinch Me: Duochrome color. Metallic gold that shifts to a coppery reddish color.
Ireland: Duochrome color. Warm green with iridescence that shifts from light green to rose.

St. Patrick: Duochrome color. Very pale green with iridescence that shifts from golden green to silvery green.
Four Leaf Clover: Duochrome color. Teal with iridescence that shifts from turquoise to blue to purple.


They are all super smooth pigments that apply easily and blend beautifully. I had so much fun using a few of these together to make a fun and colorful St. Patty's Day look.






I used St. Patrick under my brow bone and in the corner of my eyes, Ireland on my lid, and Pinch Me as a liner on my lower lid, all applied over Crazy Primer. My application skills are not the greatest (I tried to smudge the color under my brow bone a little b/c it was too intense for my liking, and made a bit of a mess of it) but the colors were awesome to work with and stayed great, as always! I'm really in love with Ireland and can see myself using it often in the future!!!


Can you see some of the color shifts? What do you think of the Shamrock Collection? Do you think you'll be buying any of these colors? Please let me know what you think!


~The Painted Nymph



DISCLAIMER:
All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and I have not been compensated in any way.