Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dr Seuss!

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” 
― Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday to You!


So, today would have been Theodore Seuss Geisel's 108th Birthday! <3 I don't know about you, but I grew up LOVING his books. I learned valuable lessons and I believe it began my love for books and escaping into the alternate reality that books had to offer. My favorite was There's a Wocket in my Pocket! 




I had it all but memorized as a child! So when I realized today was this beloved children's author's birthday... I knew I wanted to do something to celebrate! So I decided to attempt some makeup inspired by Dr. Seuss's whimsical, colorful, nonsensical style. I remembered a lot of his characters having yellow and orange and bright colors.... and (to be quite honest) it's late, so I'm not in much mood to type a lot... so here's some pictures with what I came up with :) It was very out of my comfort zone.







The colors I used are:
Eyebrows: Unique Pigments Pcockery
Eyes: Carina Dolci Lemon, Carina Dolci Orange, Virus Insanity Eyeshadows Orange Julius, Virus Insanity Eyeshadows Becca-ecca, Mary Kay luxury liner (liquid)
Lips: thin layer of Virus Insanity Eyeshadow Lollipop Anti-Virus Lipgloss covered in Virus Insanity Eyeshadow Learn From Yesterday







I'm curious what you think and what your favorite Dr Seuss book or memory is?! Please share!


-The Painted Nymph


Visit me on facebook!