Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dr Seuss!

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” 
 Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday to You!


So, today would have been Theodore Seuss Geisel's 108th Birthday! <3 I don't know about you, but I grew up LOVING his books. I learned valuable lessons and I believe it began my love for books and escaping into the alternate reality that books had to offer. My favorite was There's a Wocket in my Pocket! 




I had it all but memorized as a child! So when I realized today was this beloved children's author's birthday... I knew I wanted to do something to celebrate! So I decided to attempt some makeup inspired by Dr. Seuss's whimsical, colorful, nonsensical style. I remembered a lot of his characters having yellow and orange and bright colors.... and (to be quite honest) it's late, so I'm not in much mood to type a lot... so here's some pictures with what I came up with :) It was very out of my comfort zone.







The colors I used are:
Eyebrows: Unique Pigments Pcockery
Eyes: Carina Dolci Lemon, Carina Dolci Orange, Virus Insanity Eyeshadows Orange Julius, Virus Insanity Eyeshadows Becca-ecca, Mary Kay luxury liner (liquid)
Lips: thin layer of Virus Insanity Eyeshadow Lollipop Anti-Virus Lipgloss covered in Virus Insanity Eyeshadow Learn From Yesterday







I'm curious what you think and what your favorite Dr Seuss book or memory is?! Please share!


-The Painted Nymph


Visit me on facebook!