Friday, February 24, 2012

Anti-Virus Lipgloss in Pin-Up and Kiss Me

Okay, so I want to start with some of my favorite products. I love Virus Insanity Eyeshadow (VIE) and their Anti-Virus Lipgloss line.  What a fun company and a cute play on the name for the glosses!  Some of the colors are limited-time, and they make them in small batches, so if you see one you've GOTTA have, you've gotta grab it! All of these colors are hand-mixed by VIE, and has the ingredients on the bottom of all the full-size glosses (scent included!) so you know what is in them. However, they also listed the ingredients on their FB for fans! Here are the ingredients:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene(and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer(and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Castor Oil, Flavor Oil, Natural Additive(as sweetender), Vitamin E OilMay Contain: Peppermint Oil, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Magnesium Stearate, Red#22, Red#28, Orange #5, D&C Yellow#11, Polyester -3
They also posted that they only use 0.004 glitter, so the lip glosses won't be gritty.


Here is one of the very first colors I got from her, it's called Pin-Up. They were selling fast, so I was only able to get a sample. They claim the samples contain enough product for "Five to ten applications" but I beg to differ! I have used my sample of Pin-Up at LEAST 10 times, and I've maybe used about half of the product in the clamshell.



Here is a picture of the gloss from their FB
This is the description:

Pin Up - Strawberry flavored
Pigmented hot pink sticky gloss with blue iridescence and dark purple glitter.

the clamshell sample
Now for the fun pic!!!






I love, love, love this color! It has to be one of my FAVORITE colors I own, and I wear it often! The Strawberry scent is pleasant but not overwhelming (I have to admit, I don't lick my lips when wearing glosses, so I can't say how it tastes) You can put on a super thin layer for a sheer color and shine with a touch of glitter, or layer it on thicker for a more dramatic look. However, this IS a sticky gloss, like they says, so beware if you layer it on too thick, you will feel like you're eating it. Pin-Up also is not drenched in glitter, you will have a small amount of sparkle, but you won't look like that famous vampire (ha!). All in all, a beautifully blended, medium-pigmented build-able color gloss that is great for everyday wear.






Another color I purchased, more recently, from a Limited-Edition Valentine's Day line is Kiss Me. I bought this in a full size and it comes in a 5g jar PACKED to the top! You couldn't fit any more gloss in here without making it overflow, and it was shrink-wrapped so it wouldn't open up and leak all over my package during it's travels.


Here is a picture of the gloss from their FB 
 This is the description:

Kiss Me: Passion fruit flavored
Super hot pink shimmery sticky gloss. Very pigmented.

full size jar: top
full size jar: bottom

Now for the fun pics!!



 with my phone
with my camera


This has quickly become another favorite of mine.  A beautifully pigmented hot pink that goes on smooth. The passion fruit scent reminds me of bubble gum and it's a pleasant scent, not overwhelming (again, I admittedly do not lick my lips when wearing gloss, so I haven't got a clue what it tastes like). This is a bit more pigmented than Pin-Up so a thin layer gives you a little more color, but it's still build-able for a more intense, bright color. There is no glitter in here, so it's just a shimmery shiny pink. Again, it IS a sticky gloss, so if you layer too much on your lips, you'll be eating it. All in all, a gorgeous, bright, shimmery gloss great for every day wear.

I took a couple comparison pictures, b/c I thought they looked very similar
 with my camera
with my phone

Admittedly, I need to invest in a lip brush. It is difficult enough to properly apply lip gloss with your fingers when you have full lips, but to then try to do two different colors split down the middle? Incredibly difficult! So I apologize for the messy lines. But Kiss me is on the left, Pin-Up is on the right. You can tell my phone picks up more of the pigments and makes it appear intensely bright, while my camera is much more toned down looking... I think in person, it's somewhere in the middle. Not too intense, but still a nice color. You can see the similar blue shimmer in both, but Pin-Up is definitely more of a fuschia color, compared to the bright pink of Kiss Me.


So what do you think? Are you going to give it a try? Do you own any VIE Anti-Virus Lipglosses? How did I do? Would you like to see other products I've used, with my opinions on them? Leave me comments!

DISCLAIMER:
All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and I have not been compensated in any way.