Tuesday, April 3, 2012

BF Cosmetics Mineral Paint Dust

Wow, so... it has been WAY too long since I've posted on here! omg! Anyway, lots going on in my personal life and the weather keeps getting warmer. But I've tried a few new products, and I can't wait to tell you about them!


So, on March 9th BF Cosmetics was offering a free full-size Mineral Paint Dust, just pay shipping. So I decided "what the heck... why not?" and I ordered one. But first I had to decide which color I wanted! There are 20 colors to choose from, and I finally decided on #111 (Turquoise). They shipped quickly and everything was packed well, so it got to me safe and sound, and intact!


BF Cosmetics' website describes their Mineral Paint Dust as


"Our Pigment Dusts are a gorgeous selection of irresistable, must have, loose minerals!  They work on all skin tones and provide intense radiance and shimmer! 
Talc and Oil Free, Paint Dusts will not clog your pores.  Our 20 dramatic colors may be used dry as an eyeshadow, wet as an eyeliner or to make it smudge proof.  It can be applied to your cheeks or anywhere on your body for a frisky, flirty shimmer.  It can be mixed with clear gloss to create your own lipgloss color!  Add a touch of fun to your everyday makeup!"

The ingredients listed on their website are: Mica, Titanium Dioxide.  May contain: Iron Oxides, Silica, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide.



 left side over VIE's Crazy Primer, middle over bare skin, right side over Carina Dolci's Starry Eyes Serum
top over VIE's Crazy Primer, middle over bare skin, bottom over Carina Dolci's Starry Eye Serum; left side applied foiled.

My initial thought was that it was highly pigmented, but I wasn't sure I liked how it went on, but man... the color was gorgeous. And it had a nice sheen to it without being shimmery or sparkly to it. I'm not sure why I thought the color would be more matte, but it's really a very beautiful color.

 applied over VIE Crazy Primer

It has a gorgeous metallic sheen, but it was a little hard to apply and blend... However, once it's on it's a gorgeous color with a lot of dimension! I can't wait for a chance to use this again.

Check out BF Cosmetics on their facebook for freebies and deals! They seem to be an awesome company, and I really want to try some more of their products!

Have you tried BF Cosmetics? Do you own any of their Mineral Paint Dusts? What's your opinion? Give me some feedback!

~Painted Nymph

DISCLAIMER:
All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and I have not been compensated in any way.