Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Samples

So, I just had a contest on my facebook page and one of my generous, amazing sponsors was Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, and not only did she send me samples for one of my winners, but she sent me some samples for ME, too!!! <3 So I took some time to swatch them all for you :)


 Rum Eggog, Spiced Cider, Trick or Treat, Be Mine, Perfect Gift, Candy Cane
 Rum Eggnog, Spiced Cider, Trick or Treat, Be Mine
 Be Mine, Perfect Gift, Candy Cane

Swatched: Left side is over primer, middle is bare skin, right is foiled
 Bottom to top: Rum Eggog, Spiced Cider, Trick or Treat, Be Mine, Perfect Gift, Candy Cane
 Bottom to top: Rum Eggog, Spiced Cider, Trick or Treat, Be Mine, Perfect Gift
 Bottom to top: Trick or Treat, Be Mine, Perfect Gift, Candy Cane
Bottom to top: Rum Eggog, Spiced Cider, Trick or Treat, Be Mine, Perfect Gift, Candy Cane

I couldn't find descriptions for these, as they are from LE collections, but Rum Eggnog is a pretty buttery golden tan color, Spiced Cider is a pinky-mauve base with gold shimmer and looks AMAZING foiled! Trick or Treat is a light to medium purple with some pink shimmer, but is a cooler pink. Be Mine is a pinky coral. Perfect Gift is a warm, dark purple color with a blue and a pink shimmer, and also look phenomenal foiled! Candy Cane is a deep, cool pink that reminds me of a lipstick color (in a good way!)

They applied very smoothly, and are very pigmented. I decided to create a look using a few :)

 I used: Rum Eggnog, Be Mine, Spiced Cider, and Trick or Treat
Buttered Rum as a highlight, Be Mine on inner half of lid, Spiced Cider on outer half of lid, Trick or Treat on lower lash line

I was trying to do a light, soft look, and admittedly.... it was hard! lol the colors were coming out really bright and bold, so I had to use a very small amount and blend, blend, blend to get the softer colors, but they looked gorgeous! I felt very goddess-like.

When I look at pictures like this, I realize how horrible I really am at blending... lol sorry!

I'd really like to purchase Dawn's LE Winnie The Pooh Collection before it's gone! Do you own any Dawn Eyes Cosmetics? Which colors/collections do you own?

~ Painted Nymph

DISCLAIMER:
All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone. These are my true and honest opinions.